Welcome to the website for the Pacific Fire Protection District. We hope this resource will allow our citizens to learn more about the services we provide, our life safety initiatives, and how we protect our community. Feel free to email or call us at any time to let us know how we can better serve you. For open burning information, please go to the fire prevention tab.
Pacific Fire District
Board Meeting Information
Brush Fire Prevention
Pacific Fire and the Missouri Department of Conservation would to offer a few tips to help prevent brush fires. During this time of year brush fires are more frequent and can be prevented by following these easy tips:
- Do not conduct outdoor burning during times when grass, brush, and other fuels are very dry and humidity is low.
- Try not to open burn during windy days, it makes the fire difficult and sometimes impossible to control.
- check are fire prevention section for the local ordinamces and burn bans in our area.
- a person who starts a fire for any reason is responsible for any damage it may cause.
Making a Camp Fire
- make sure the fire is far enough away from dry brush and grass, small embers can start a wildfire.
- store unused wood away from the camp fire.
- never use gasoline or other flammable liquids to start the fire.
- keep the fire small and easy to control with a ring of protection around it.
- never leave the fire unattended
Driving Off Road
- Wildfires can start when fine dry grass comes in contact with catalytic converters.
- think twice about the condition of the grass before you drive off road
- dont park over tall grass or piles of brush and leaves.
- always carry a fire extinguisher on vehicles used for off road purposes.
Don't Delay Calling For Help
- a small brush fire can grow rapidly, the faster you call for help, the faster the fire dept can get the and get it under control.
Pacific Fire Hosting an Open House!
Pacific Fire will be Hosting an Open House April 23 for the dedication of the new training facility! We'd like to thank all our citizens for their support. Come see the fire trucks and meet with firefighters. There will be activities for the kids and free food. There will also be engine house tours as well.